Looking and feeling younger is not impossible. Of course, you are not going to turn back the clock by years but you can look younger and feel much younger by working from the inside out. My routine works for me; I’ll bet it will work for you, too.
1. Start with your diet. Eat more vegetables, whole grains, fruits, seeds and nuts while cutting meat (chicken, fish, pork, beef,) to no more than 3 servings per week. Eat beans and seeds and nuts rather than meat if you want to look and feel younger. That fiber works wonders for your body while giving you more than adequate protein.
2. Eat no dairy. Dairy bloats you and fills you with hormones. Even organic dairy has over 30 natural hormones so avoid milk, yogurt, and cheese for two weeks and see how much younger you feel. Remember that milk is designed to turn a small calf into a large cow in a short amount of time. Don’t become the cow! Replace calcium in your diet with green vegetables and leafy greens, fortified orange juice, and soy milk.
3. Eat organic. It is worth the small extra cost of organic to eliminate many pesticides and chemicals from your body.
4. Eat fewer calories each day. Eliminating milk, cheese, and meat will make that easy.
5. Try to cook your own foods from scratch to eliminate salt and other additives from prepared foods. Find a few good Thai restaurants for eating out. Thai restaurants are normally quite healthy, preparing all foods from scratch. Don’t want the spices? Thai restaurants do not prepare foods until they are ordered. Ask to have those hot spices eliminated. You can also ask to have soy and fish sauce eliminated. Add your own salty taste at the table.
6. Get plenty of restful sleep. Your body needs it.
7. Reduce stress in your life. Start a few minutes earlier to avoid the stress of traffic. Try meditation or just sitting in a shaded, wooded area and enjoying nature.
8. Stretch each day. Yoga is a wonderful and relaxing way to tone your body, stretch, and improve your balance. As few as 10 minutes of yoga a day will work wonders for keeping you feeling younger and more relaxed!
9. Aerobic exercise. Walk for an average of 20-30 minutes 5 days a week. Try to walk outdoors in a park to take advantage of the lift being out in nature adds to your life. Take the stairs or the park your car as far from your destination as possible.
10. Anaerobic exercise. Buy a stretch band and do some anaerobic exercise three days a week to keep your muscles toned and working the way they did when you were younger.