Nature’s perfect gift is a new baby. Yet one of the most fun gifts for you to buy or make is a gift for a new baby.
What can you do to enhance the arrival of that new baby?
Start by uhhing and ahhing over the newly born. Parents love it and it is easy to do.
A few ideas to consider when you choose that baby gift:
1. Where is that baby in the family? If the baby is the second in the family, there are probably many major purchases that have already been made. Use a high chair as an example. The second child probably does not need a new one. An exception would be when babies are a year or so apart. Then a second high chair might be a needed baby gift. If the baby is one of many, then the sibling’s high chair may be ready for the junk pile. If in doubt, ask before making a major purchase, even for baby number one!
2. Give books. There is no better gift to give a child than the gift of reading. Being surrounded by books often a reader makes.
3. Give information about baby sign language. That is new rage and it works. Read more about this here.
4. Consider the financial situation of the family. If the financial situation is grave, stick with some practical gifts such as warm clothing or a major purchase. If it is a family who has everything, try to be creative. They have already bought the obvious baby gifts.
5. Diapers. If all else fails, diapers or a few months of the more earth-friendly diaper service are always welcome baby gifts.
6. Don’t forget an older child. They are probably feeling left out and overwhelmed. A small gift for all of the older siblings is the order of the day.
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.