2. The solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are mounted on the top of your roof.
3. They collect energy from the sun and produce direct current (DC) electricity.
4. The DC electricity is converted to alternating current (AC) electricity for use by your home.
5. You use the electricity in your home.
6. If any electricity is not used, it goes back to the grid.
7. When you need more electricity (like at night), it comes from the grid.
The economics of solar electricity say to make your home energy efficient, then add solar electricity or wind.
In theory, it is simple.
In practice, it is much more complicated. See CyberParent’s solar electric website for the real scoop.
Do you need an energy consultant, energy auditor, green builder, or green remodeler in North Central Texas or the Dallas-Fort Worth area? Are you purchasing or building a home? Ready to add renewable-energy? Interested in living more sustainably? Contact Terry Jensen Frugal Energy, LLC 972 251-1532 or 817 443-2553 Just have a question or two? Please call. If I can answer without seeing your home or business, I will do so at no charge.
Green Remodeling 972 251-1532 or 817 443-2553
Subscribe to free Dallas-Fort Worth Green Remodeling e-newsletter.
Sent periodically with home remodeling news and information. Also includes calendar of green events and classes.
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers or other participants and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.