Seniors, Senior Living and Retirement: Twelve months later, you can sum up your anti-loneliness network as a success for curing social loneliness.
Family Site Since 1997
Summing Up the Anti-Loneliness Network for Seniors or Retirement Building an Anti-Loneliness Network for Seniors and Retired Persons
By DH Owens
Senior Living: You certainly have a social network by now. That leaves emotional loneliness to cure.
Senior Living from CyberParent
Twelve months later, sum up your anti-loneliness network. Some of the following are you:
1. You started by taking stock of the friends and acquaintances you do have and maximizing these relationships.
2. You have joined a church that suits you perfectly and at least one volunteer group.
3. You’ve looked up your old friends and those in your family who might need your friendship or assistance.
4. You have gone back to work part-time.
5. You have planned a family reunion.
6. You have become active in politics or activism of some sort.
7. You have learned to play cards or dominoes and joined a group that plays.
8. You have joined at least one walking, dancing, or exercise group–something active.
9. You have gone back to school for continuing education.
10. If you are single and looking, you have gone to a singles groups or three and done some online dating or joined a matchmaking service.
You certainly have a social network by now.
That leaves emotional loneliness to cure.
Experts tell us it takes about three years to make a best friend. Even a new significant other takes about three years for true closeness to develop.
Senior Citizen Services
Thanks for stopping by CyberParents’ Senior Living
Yet both of these relationship will be a direct result of the steps we take to end social loneliness.
Give it time–you are on your way.
Back to Senior Loneliness Directory.
Additional information about seniors or senior living.
Please bookmark or mark as favorite. Come back soon.
Return to IndexCyberParent Home
SOLO for Singles | Singles Profiles | Shopping Place | CyberParent | | DFW eMAG | Local Singles Webs | Heart Express
GreenBuilding and Remodeling
ContactCopyright © 1997-2008 CyberParent. All rights reserved. Note: The opinions expressed herein are exclusively those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect the position of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of a health, legal or other professional whose advice you might need to seek.