Boys: A Boy and His Temperament
Boys, Temperament, and Character: Every boy child is born with a core temperament and other inherited characteristics. His character has yet to be formed.
Family Site Since 1997
Boys: Raising Confident Boys
Boys and Temperament Parenting Boys to Manhood
Boys:His temperament begins at birth to reactwith the environment and withthe temperament of others –even his parents.
Every boy is born with a core temperament and other inheritedcharacteristics, but his character has yet to be formed.
Stella Chess and Alexander Thomas, two child psychiatrists who made significantcontributions to the understanding of human individuality, concluded thattemperament has nine irreducible components. From birth his temperament begins to reactwith the temperament of others (even parents) and also with the environment.
Eli Newberger, M.D., and author of Shaping the Character of Boys hasadapted that list of temperaments to those of boys.
1. Activity Level. How intense is his activity, and what is theproportion of active to inactive periods in his day?
2. Regularity. How predictable or unpredictable is he in the timing ofbasic biological functions such as eating or sleeping?
3. Approach or Withdrawal. How does he react initially to newsituations?
4. Adaptability. How does he respond over time to new or alteredsituations?
5. Sensory Threshold. How much stimulus does he need before heresponds?
6. Mood. How pleasant and friendly, or unfriendly, is he?
7. Intensity of Reaction. How energetic is his response, positively ornegatively?
Raising confident boys and parenting boys to become happy, healthy men.
VeggieTales Don’t Sink in the Sink! Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Cranium Board Game Review game | Buy game | Buy Booster Box 2 Note: Booster Box 2 is essentially Cranium Primo giving you two games instead of one. Review
ThinkFun Oodles of Doodles Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
8. Distractibility. How easily does a new stimulus interfere withongoing activity?
9. Persistence and Attention Span. Does he continue activities in theface of obstacles? How long will he pursue an activity before abandoning it?
Newbarger writes, "Temperament and character each affect the other.Temperament influences how receptive the child will be to life experiences and how lifeexperiences will be absorbed by the child. Character, as it develops over the years,becomes a resource for shaping the part of temperament that is malleable."
Additional information about parenting boys and raising confident boys.
Large Play Mats work off energy and roll-up for storage between use. Review mat | Buy mat
Go Away Monster! Board Game Review game | Buy game
Don’t Make Me Laugh, Jr Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Zingo Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Tin box Version Cranium’s Cadoo, Family Game Review game | Buy game
Review Ready Bed with easily inflatable mattresses for sleepovers, naptime, or popular gifts. All the beloved boy characters.
CyberParent Recommends for Boys
ThinkFun Rush Hour Board Game-Puzzle Review Game | Buy Game | Buy Extra Cards Discipline Magic Review Book Buy Book | Buy Spanish Edition| Buy Video VeggieTales Don’t Sink in the Sink! Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.