Depression Symptoms Boys
Boys: A Boy and Depression, Depression Symptoms
Depression Symptoms in Boys: Once your son has experienced major depression, he is at risk of developing another depression in less than five years.
Family Site Since 1997
Boys: Raising Confident Boys
Boys and Depression Parenting Boys to Manhood
Raising Boys:Depression in children can be hard to diagnose in its early stages.While all boys experiencing family or personal problems exhibit some sadness and moodiness, those sad, helpless, or anxious feeling can also be depression. While all boys experiencing family or personal problems exhibit some sadness and moodiness, those sad, helpless, or anxious feeling can also be depression.
Depression in children can be hard to diagnose in its early stages.You need a second set of eyes so to speak.
Since children have somewhat different symptoms of depression than adults, what signals childhood depression?
1. Mood change: Gloomy, sad, unhappy, despairing, or hopeless feelings.
2. Change in appetite: Loss of interest in food or effortless weight loss is more common than overeating.
3. Sleep change: Regular problems with falling asleep–or wakening early without being able to go back to sleep–could signal depression.
4. Changes in school work.
5. Changes in socialization.
6. Overreacting to criticism.
7. Sexual promiscuity.
9. Thoughts or threats of suicide.
10. Healthy, well child complaining of illness.
Raising confident boys and parenting boys to become happy, healthy men.
VeggieTales Don’t Sink in the Sink! Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Cranium Board Game Review game | Buy game | Buy Booster Box 2 Note: Booster Box 2 is essentially Cranium Primo giving you two games instead of one. Review
ThinkFun Oodles of Doodles Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
11. Failure to enjoy activities previously enjoyed or exhibit general feelings of tiredness, listlessness or lethargy.
12. Changes in activity levels: Boys may seem to be operating in slow motion or seem constantly jittery or agitated, even hyperactive.
No depressed child has all of the above symptoms but even one symptom deserves your attention.
Early diagnosis and treatment by professionals are essential to boys who are experiencing depression.
Once your son has experienced major depression, he is at risk of developing another depression in less than five years.
Additional information about parenting boys and raising confident boys.
Large Play Mats work off energy and roll-up for storage between use. Review mat | Buy mat
Go Away Monster! Board Game Review game | Buy game
Don’t Make Me Laugh, Jr Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Zingo Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Tin box Version Cranium’s Cadoo, Family Game Review game | Buy game
Review Ready Bed with easily inflatable mattresses for sleepovers, naptime, or popular gifts. All the beloved boy characters.
CyberParent Recommends for Boys
ThinkFun Rush Hour Board Game-Puzzle Review Game | Buy Game | Buy Extra Cards Discipline Magic Review Book Buy Book | Buy Spanish Edition| Buy Video VeggieTales Don’t Sink in the Sink! Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.