Fallacy

Male/Female Fallacies

Males are males and females are females except when they differ. Little known male/female fallacies including male vs. female in the mirror and male and female romantics.

Male/Female Fallacies:

Males and Females Use the Same Mirror and Other Obscure Male/Female Fallacies.

By R B McLean

Males are males and females are females except when they differ. Little known male/female fallacies including male vs. female in the mirror and male and female romantics.

True or False?

Are females more romantic than males? Are males more romantic than females? Daniel Weiss says 67% of males believe in love at first sight. Only 54% of females believe this romantic lore.

Little known male/female fallacies including male vs. female in the mirror and male and female romantics.

Are females more romantic than males? Are males more romantic than females? Richard says males are more romantic than females in 58.9% of the cases. But what does he know about romantics?

Are females more romantic than males? Are males more romantic than females? R.B. says males are more romantic than females in 99% of the cases. His wife says he must be the other 1%.

. Links Singles Profiles Connections Dating Web Dating Again Dating Hints Dating with Kids Heart Xpress Local Singles Webs Loneliness Lying and Dating Relationships Safely Single Self-Esteem Sex-Opposite Sex Shy Singles Meet Singles Store SOLO for Singles Suddenly Single Abuse Birthday Book Books Boys: Parenting Breast Feeding Communication Discipline Your Child Divorce Dr. Luv Eating Healthy Esteem for Children Family Fitness Friendship Gender Understanding Girls: Parenting Grandparents Homefront Kids’ Activities Love & Chemistry Men Nutrition Parenting Recipes Shopping Place Single Parents Spoiling an Infant Sports & Recreation Stepparents Stress Teens: by/for teens Traveling Travel with Kids Wheels Women You CyberBiz DFW e-MAG

Males are more attracted to facial beauty/handsomeness than females are … Not according to Daniel Weiss in The Great Divide. He writes, "55% of females find a male’s face the most attractive part of his body. 27% of males think that of a female’s face. He didn’t say which part of a female’s body the other 73% find attractive.

Males are better drivers than females … False. True. We’re smart enough to straddle the line here.

Most males don’t really care if a female is intelligent or not … Not so, says Weiss. 51% of males find a woman attractive only if she is intelligent. That is a bare majority and we think 25% of the men were lying.

If men and women could trade mirrors, would females become more beautiful and males become more realistic?

If men and women could trade mirrors for a week or two, the world might suddenly become different. It’s a well-known fact that men and women have different mirrors. Most men look in the mirror and see what they want to see–and they want to see young and handsome. They see slim and fit, while ignoring the pot belly. They see a man who looks ten years younger than he is. Most men walk away from the mirror thinking, "Yeah, a pretty handsome fellow." That’s a man for you.

Occasionally, they’ll ask someone to verify this. Polite people say what the man wants to hear, "Of course, you look young, Rob," or, "You’re looking good, dude."

Most women, on the other hand, have very negative mirrors. Women look this way and that way, finding fault from head-to-toe. Three gray hairs and they’re old. Two wrinkles and they’re considering a plastic surgeon. That’s a woman for you.

When someone compliments them on their appearance or youthfulness, they often discount it or see another fault in their mind’s mirror. Even a drop-dead gorgeous, perfectly fit woman can point out a whole string of her shortcomings.

Are females cleaner than males? Mel Poretz and Barry Sinrod in The First Really Important Survey of American Habits let you draw your own conclusion, especially in the matter of belly buttons. They write 15% of females and 28% of males never clean their belly buttons. But 31% of females and 42% of males clean their belly buttons every day.

And who spends more time in the bathroom? According to Poretz and Sinrod 67% of males and 67% of females surveyed say their significant other spends more time in the bathroom than they do. We say the truth is hard to find.

Women idolize their husbands more than men idolize their wives… Wrong again. According to Weiss, 36% of husbands say their spouse is like a god but only 19% of wives consider their spouses god-like.

Males lie to females but females rarely lie to males … False. According to Dr. Joyce Brothers men lie to women and women lie to men. There are crucial differences in the types of lies, however. When women lie, they tend to focus on making others feel better. Men lie to build themselves up, conceal something, or avoid a hassle.

Are females really from Venus Is there really a man in the moon? Richard says 92% of the females he knows are not from Venus. He’s not sure where the other 8% are from. R. B. says he still doesn’t know where females come from. We asked his wife to explain it to him. 100% of the females surveyed agreed that males were from somewhere else, although 62% agreed men were basically from the moon except when women were looking for men to help with the baby. Then they are 100% from Scarce City. We think it’s all a fallacy. There is no man in the moon. We heard he jumped off.

Weekly Living Tips Beauty Tips Dating/Meeting for Singles Happiness Love & Romance Tips Lunchbox Notes Math/Science Fun for Kids Stay in Touch with Kids/Grandkids

Other Links Singles Profiles Shopping Place SOLO for Singles Heart Xpress CyberParent Connections

Discussion Webs Abuse Breastfeeding Grandparents Singles Single Parents Stepparents Teens

Gender Directory Male/Female Fallacies Relationship Needs Differ Gender Understanding Not Mars/Venus Again Intimacy Factor: A series There Is a Difference Feminist Movement Gender Conceit Letters from Surfers General Understanding Men and Women Talk Gender Roles

SOLO for Singles | Singles Profiles | Shopping Place | CyberParent | DFW eMAG | CyberBiz | Local Singles Webs |Heart Express

GreenBuilding and Remodeling

Other Links and Webs

Business Opportunity Connections CyberBiz DFW e-MAG Local Singles Webs Singles Ten Minute Books Discussion Webs Abuse Breastfeeding Grandparents Single Parents Stepparents Teens Abuse Birthday Book Books Boys: Parenting Breast Feeding Communication Discipline Your Child Divorce Dr. Luv Eating Healthy Esteem for Children Family Fitness Friendship Gender Understanding Girls: Parenting Grandparents Homefront Kids’ Activities Love & Chemistry Men Nutrition Parenting Single Recipes Shopping Place Single Parents Spoiling an Infant Sports & Recreation Stepparents Stress Teens: by/for teens Traveling Travel with Kids Wheels Women You Singles Profile Commitment Dating Web Dating Again Dating Hints Dating with Kids Heart Xpress Loneliness Lying and Dating Relationships Safely Single Self-Esteem Sex & Opposite Sex Shy Singles Meeting Singles Store SOLO for Singles Suddenly Single

Web design by David M. JensenContact webmaster@cyberparent.comCopyright © 1997-2000 CyberParent. All rights reserved.Certain images: Copyright © 1993-1997 T-Maker Company. All rights reserved.

Leave a comment