Gifts Creating a Gift When You Are Uncreative.
Gifts and Gift Giving: Making your own creative gifts if you are not creative.
Family Site Since 1997
Gifts and Gift Giving
Creating a Gift When You Are Not Creative
CyberParent Staff and Readers
Gifts and the giving of gifts:Most of us like to give gifts that are appreciated and many of us need to save money, particularly at an extensive gift times.
Gift CalendarCollect your family and/or friends birthdays, anniversaries, and other specialdays. Your computer has a program to create a calendar. Print calendars withthose special dates filled-in. You can have this gift calendar bound at the localoffice supply store for a nominal charge. This is a welcome gift and… it is agift that can be repeated next year!!
Who would enjoy this calendar as a gift?
- Any adult family member needs to remember special days for gifts or cards.
- Your circle of friends with other friends’ birthdays and anniversaries, even children’s birthdays.
- Your non-profit or play group will have a record of birthdays and special days from your gift.
- Employee birthdays at work is a good gift for everyone on your team.
- Any organization that has deadlines or special days has some person in the organization who has to remember them.And they will remember your gift, too.
Birthday or Holiday Book for a Child’s GiftCyberParent made this one easy for you. Print out a few appropriate pages here,then paste them in a scrapbook with a few photos and a few blank pages for thegift recipient’s additions. You have the perfect gift for a child.
Start a Photo Album as a Gift for Anyone You don’t have to do the entire album. Just a few special pages isenough for a growing gift. Give a few more pages next year.
The Growing Gift1. Start a plant from one of your own, rooting it far enough ahead of timeto be established by gift time. Put it in an interesting container–maybe a giftfrom a second-hand or thrift store. Type the care instructions to go with itfrom your computer.
2. Buy small bedding plants of flowers, then plant three in a pot in atriangle. Plan ahead to give them time to fill-out and flower. It is a beautifulgift. Again, it can be repeated.
3. Find inexpensive strawberry pots (second-hand stores or close-outs) andfill with strawberry plants or flowering plants. Another beautiful gift.
The Gift of RecipesStart a collection of recipes focusing on a special interest. Print them fromyour computer on card stock or glue them to an index card. Buy or make an inexpensive recipe card boxto hold them. Or, buy a small 3-ring index binder to hold your gift of recipes.You can add recipes at other gift occasions.
Giftsfor MenGifts for WomenGifts for Kids Family Gifts
Single?? Please click here.
Gifts and the giving of gifts.
Single?? Please click here.
Who would enjoy recipes as a gift?
- Anyone with a special diet would appreciate this gift–vegetarians, vegans, low-carb aficionados, diabetics.
- A person who hates to cook would love quick/easy recipes as a gift.
- Young adults or students leaving home should treasure easy recipes as a gift.
- A person who does not know how to cook needs special directions in his/her gift.
- Chocoholics who crave chocolate cakes, candies, and other gooey chocolate desserts would love this mouth-watering gift.
If you have suggestions for another creative gift for uncreative persons,please send it here. Thankyou.
Additional information about gifts and gift giving
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.