Age Rules Grandparents
Rules for Graceful Aging.
Aging and Grandparenting: Quality aging can follow some simple rules.
Rules for Graceful AgingAging and Grandparenting
Graceful aging begins with 12 simple rules.
1. Develop and maintain a strong social support network of family, friends, and colleagues.
2. Develop a personal exercise program combining aerobics and weight work. Hire a personal trainer to get you started.
3. Take charge of your brain. Make an active commitment to learning and growth. According to research on lifespan development: IF you continue to use your brain and develop your intellect and IF you remain socially connected and active, you can actually increase your IQ scores as you age.
4. Take charge of your financial future. Plan, plan, and plan. If you are single, don’t count on getting married to finance your old age. You are on your own! If you are married, learn what is going on with your finances. If you are female, statistics say you will spend seven to fifteen years or more as a widow, depending upon the age difference between you and your husband. You will probably be on your own for a long time. Plan, plan, plan.
5. Eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet. Learn to live on fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes as much as possible. Plan a few days a week that include no animal products, not even dairy.
6. Stay aware of the latest nutritional information.
7. Don’t fall for fad diets. When something sounds too good to be true such as The Atkins’ Diet, it usually is. When something sounds too good to be true and it is too complicated for you to comprehend easily, such as Sears’ Zone Diet, be doubly wary.
8. Remember that the pharmaceutical industry makes money from selling drugs. Read, study, and form your own opinions about taking cholesterol, blood pressure, estrogen and other "old-age" medicines. Very few long-term studies are available to show the results of these medicines. The industry does extensive advertising to the medical profession pushing these drugs. The industry also does excellent advertising and good PR work with the public in support of these drugs. Your doctor is not a genius. He/she can not possibly keep up with everything and most rely on the pharmaceutical industry for much of their information. It is your responsibility to read, study, and keep up with the truth for yourself.
VeggieTales Don’t Sink in the Sink! Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Cranium Board Game Review game | Buy game | Buy Booster Box 2 Note: Booster Box 2 is essentially Cranium Primo giving you two games instead of one. Review
ThinkFun Oodles of Doodles Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
9. Practice light to no drinking.
10. No smoking, no matter what.
11. Remain goal oriented. Regardless of your age, still set one, five, ten and twenty-year goals. Keep on growing!
12. Don’t become more conservative than ever. Age is an attitude. Conservative is an old, stuffy attitude that allows life to pass you by and makes you sound old and boring.
Large Play Mats roll-up for storage between grandkids’ visits. Review mat | Buy mat
Go Away Monster! Board Game Review game | Buy game
Don’t Make Me Laugh, Jr Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Zingo Board Game Review Game | Buy Game
Tin box Version Cranium’s Cadoo, Family Game Review game | Buy game
Review Ready Bed with easily inflatable mattresses for grandkids’ visits or popular gifts with boy’s or girl’s favorite characters.