Solar Pv Systems
Economics, Solar PV System Add Solar Energy Remodel Homes Remodeling Remodels Green Home Improvement Energy Star Energy-Efficient Renovation House DFW Dallas Fort Worth North Texas
Economics of Renovations forEnergy-Efficiency
Economicsof SolarPhotovoltaic (PV) System
First Comes Energy Efficiency; Then Comes Renewable Energy
News of Green Building/Remodeling
Join our email list here
Basically, it sounds like a simple process:
1. The system is designed.
2. The solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are mounted on the top of your roof.
3. They collect energy from the sun and produce direct current (DC) electricity.
4. The DC electricity is converted to alternating current (AC) electricity for use by your home.
5. You use the electricity in your home.
6. If any electricity is not used, it goes back to the grid.
7. When you need more electricity (like at night), it comes from the grid.
The economics of solar electricity say to make your home energy efficient, then add solar electricity or wind.
In theory, it is simple.
In practice, it is much more complicated. See CyberParent’s solar electric website for the real scoop.
Do you need an energy consultant, energy auditor,
Green Remodeling 972 251-1532 or
Copyright © 2008-2011 DFW Green Building and Renewable Energy. All rightsreserved. Reprinted with permission which is not universally given. Pleasecontact DFW Green Building and Renewable Energy for permission in writing beforeusing these copyrighted materials.
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers or other participants and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.