Good Neighbor Information
Good Neighbor Information Senior, Elder CohousingAssemble Good NeighborInformation for Senior Cohousing
It is easy to be a good neighbor in senior or elder cohousing. Seniors in cohousing assemble information that helps them to age in style and comfort.
Gather information and keep in a binder in the common house,maybe in the office area, so all cohousing residents can use it, if and when necessary. Whenyou are compiling the list, use the internet, phone book, and city/countyinformation. Most of all, though, askothers for their recommendations.
- Create a resource list of senior services available in your area with telephone numbers and web addresses.
- List home health agencies that conduct home visits for seniors with Medicare insurance and provide nurses, physical therapists, social workers, and dieticians.
- List physicians who make house calls.
- List local pharmacies that deliver medicines.
- Make a list of handy men, construction companies and repair companies. This is a hard list to prepare without personal recommendations.
- List resources in your area to transport seniors to get groceries or for other reasons.
- List of other services such as counseling, financial counseling, and help preparing income tax.
- Be sure to have a list ofthe local churches, temples, and synagogues available in the area.
Senior CohousingCheck out Dallas-Fort Worth
Senior Cohousing Directory
Active Lifestyle of ElderCohousingAging Gracefully in Elder CohousingBenefits of Senior CohousingCars, Who Needs Them?Common Areas in SeniorCohousingCosts of Elder Cohousing Do Rentals Make Sense for SeniorCohousing?Ecohousing: WhyBuild Green?Features of Senior CohousingFinding a Senior CohousingCommunityGood Neighbor InformationHot Spots in Community DecisionsIndividual Privacy in Senior CohousingIs Senior Cohousing Right for You?Locate a Senior CohousingCommunityMake Good Use of Your Common HouseMeanwhile, Back at theCommon HouseOutdoor Common Areas for Senior CohousingTherapeutic Community Gardens forSeniorsWhat Kind of Housing Do Seniors Want?Why Elder Housing?Seniors and Loneliness WhereDo Pre-Retirees Want to Live?Younger Facesin Senior Cohousing Senior &Intergenerational Cohousers Fit Few Lonely Seniorsin Elder CohousingDeciding Where to Live
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers or other participants and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.