Intergenerational Senior Cohousing Together
Senior or Elder Cohousing Fit with Intergenerational Cohousers
Intergenerational and Senior orElder Housing Together
In certain situations, intergenerational cohousing communities fit well with elder or senior cohousing.
Senior and intergenerational cohousing can share walking paths and wooded areas.
Many cohousers of all ages are finding that an intergenerational cohousing community and a senior or elder cohousing community are good side-by-side fits.
Each has its own common house but they could share some common features such as:
1. Community vegetable garden.
3. Craft area.
5. Open spaces (such as walking trials, woods, creeks, or wetlands).
Advantages for Intergenerational Members:
- Seniors make wonderful adopted grandparents .
- Senior can help with after-school care for working parents. A place can even be set aside for this in the intergenerational common house.
- Single moms often find built-in male role models for their children.
- Seniors often have more time for gardening and the like than those who are still career building.
Advantages for Senior Members
- Extra income from baby-sitting.
- A feeling of usefulness.
- Being the adopted grandparent or role model for a child.
- Help with matters that require youthful strength or balance in the senior common house or in individual homes.
Senior CohousingCheck out Dallas-Fort Worth
Senior Cohousing Directory
Active Lifestyle of ElderCohousingAging Gracefully in Elder CohousingBenefits of Senior CohousingCars, Who Needs Them?Common Areas in SeniorCohousingCosts of Elder Cohousing Do Rentals Make Sense for SeniorCohousing?Ecohousing: WhyBuild Green?Features of Senior CohousingFinding a Senior CohousingCommunityGood Neighbor InformationHot Spots in Community DecisionsIndividual Privacy in Senior CohousingIs Senior Cohousing Right for You?Locate a Senior CohousingCommunityMake Good Use of Your Common HouseMeanwhile, Back at theCommon HouseOutdoor Common Areas for Senior CohousingTherapeutic Community Gardens forSeniorsWhat Kind of Housing Do Seniors Want?Why Elder Housing?Seniors and Loneliness WhereDo Pre-Retirees Want to Live?Younger Facesin Senior Cohousing Senior &Intergenerational Cohousers Fit Few Lonely Seniorsin Elder CohousingDeciding Where to Live
Note: The opinions expressedherein are exclusively those of the writers or other participants and do not necessarily reflect theposition of CyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of ahealth, legal, or other professional whose expertise you might need to seek.