Parents enjoy vacation and traveling, too.
Enjoy traveling with children by making it a parents’ trip, too. Travel plans with a few things for mom and dad in mind make it a vacation for everyone. When parents are happy travelers, the whole family enjoys traveling more. Parents need to indulge in a little alone time, romance, and relaxation, too.
Parents enjoy traveling, romance and fun alone.
Plan a little romance, some extra relaxation, and some time alone on every trip. Everyone has more fun when parents are rested and romanced, too! There are several things parents can do to have their vacation, too.
1. Plan at least one date while on the trip. Arrange for the hotel or resort area to get you a baby sitter and go out on the town. Dress up, have a drink or two, a nice dinner, and even a movie or play. This is your vacation, too.
2. Take turns watching the kids. You can watch one afternoon while your spouse does her thing; she can watch the next afternoon while you do yours.
Buy book Buy CD Buy Spanish Edition Buy Teachers’ Edition
Enjoy traveling with children by making it a parents’ trip, too. Travel plans with a few things for mom and dad in mind make it a vacation for everyone. When parents are happy travelers, the whole family enjoys traveling more. Parents need to indulge in a little alone time, romance, and relaxation, too. 3. If you go to visit relatives, take a short trip alone. Leave your kids for one night (more if you can manage) and take a short side trip. Stay gone at least 24 hours, with time to sleep late and relax, plus do something you enjoy.
4. Bring a sitter with you. If you have a friendly neighbor kid or a cousin who gets along with your family, bring them along to baby-sit.
5. Some areas, such as resorts or large metropolitan areas, have kid’s programs that keep them entertained while you have some time to yourself. This is great for you and the kids for a day or two of a family vacation.
6. Travel with another family or families: be it relatives or friends. Each of you take a day as primary caregiver of the entire brood of kids. while the other adults go play.
7. Arrange for a baby-sitter to spend the night. There are services or the hotel can accommodate you. Then you spend the night away from the "family" hotel. A little romance and privacy on your vacation goes a long way. You don’t have to go far in case of emergency. But if you stay in adjoining rooms, good-bye privacy!
More about Children
Note: The opinions expressed hereinare exclusively those of the writers and do not necessarily reflect the position ofCyberParent. They are not intended to take the place of advice of a health orother professionalwhose expertise you might need to seek.