Going on a short break to the beach after a long busy week in the city is extremely relaxing. You need to relax from time to time to lower stress levels.
If you do not fight back on stress, it can significantly affect your overall health.
When your health is at risk, health issues may arise, which is extremely damaging.
One effective way to combat stress is to go to the beach and leave everything behind. You can do a lot of things on the beach. As long as you are happy and relaxing, then you are good.
However, it can also get confusing on what to do, especially if you are vacationing alone. To give you ideas, we will list them down for you!
These activities will help boost your mental health and lower stress:
Yes, you heard it right! Going to the beach does not entirely mean you must go swimming. Because your goal is to simply relax, why not take advantage of mother nature’s assets?
To make sleeping better, you have to prepare yourself and your space.
- Take a bath with a few drops of essential oils.
- Dry your hair and then prepare your bed.
- Mix a few drops of essential oils and water and spray it in your rented room.
- The most exciting part is to open your window. This way, you feel the fresh air as you sleep. The view outside can also help you relax, making you fall asleep faster.
2. Lay or Sit on the Beach
Laying or sitting on the beach is another simple way to relax. Do not sit on chairs. All you need is just a beach blanket you can lay on.
As you lay on the fine sand, use mindfulness to keep you relaxed.
- After arranging the blanket on the sand, slowly sit on it.
- Feel the little sharpness of the sand on your butt.
- Then slowly lay down and make sure your entire back can feel the sand.
- Again, focus on the tiny sharpness of the fine sand.
- Close your eyes and listen to the sound of the wind. Allow it to relax your mind and muscles.
- Next, focus on how you breathe and take deep breaths from time to time. Doing these allows all your senses to function properly. When they do, it lets your brain memorize the feel and sound that help you relax.
3. Walk on the Beach
Walking is always a good form of exercise. You can do this on the beach, too!
The difference here is you will again use mindfulness to help you relax.
- Walk on the part that the tip of the sea can touch your feet.
- Slow down your walk and try to feel the sand and waves on your feet.
- Observe how you feel when the sand touches your skin and the waves are making your feet wet.
- Allow the wind to loosen your muscles as well.
- Also, listen to the different sounds around you.
Working your senses at the same time can help you stay calm. Do not forget to smile at people because it lifts your mood.
4. Make New Friends
Being sociable is healthy for your mental health. After all, relaxing on a beach is for your mental health.
However, making new friends might be difficult to non-sociable individuals.
One common yet effective way to gain more confidence is to drink alcoholic beverages. A glass or two of your favorite cocktail can already loosen your tongue to start a conversation.
However, it is important to remember that relying on alcohol alone for self-confidence is not a good idea. The drink can still cause harm to the body when consumed a lot. So, drink responsibly.
If you are into sports, like volleyball, you can join a team and start playing. This way, you are not only making new friends but also having fun.
5. Try Paddle Boarding
Do not forget that you are on the beach, so you must touch the water!
Add more fun and adventure to your sea experience and try stand up paddle boarding. This activity is extremely easy to learn, so you have more time to enjoy it.
A resort crew will teach you this, so you will not need to worry. Enjoy paddling as you stand on the paddleboard.
You can also make friends with others who are doing the same. Make sure to wear a proper protective gear in case something happens.
6. Rent a Boat
Why not? Relaxing does not only mean keeping quiet and doing nothing. It also means enjoying and having fun.
Renting a boat is more fun if you have friends with you. So, invite your new friends onboard.
If you know how to drive it, then better. If you do not, there is always a captain who can drive for you. Go to nearby places and explore more.
You can even dive and swim in the deeper parts of the sea. The choice is yours!
7. Sunset Sailing
Nothing is more relaxing than watching the sun sets while on water. You get to see how colorful and beautiful the sky will become. You can do this alone or with friends.
Take a picture of the view for a souvenir. You can also bring food on the boat.
Expect to see many sailboats as well. Like you, others are also eager to watch the sun bid goodbye for the day.
8. Enjoy Swimming with a Platform Made of Plastic Floating Docks
Plastic floating docks are extremely customizable. They are not only for keeping boats, but they also have a lot of other uses. One of them is for making a swimming platform you enjoy using.
They are durable, so they last long. They also come in different colors, sizes, and shapes you can choose from.
With these activities you can try on the beach, your vacation is worth it.
They can help you relax and enjoy, lowering your stress levels.
If you keep combating stress, your overall health improves. This can result in more productive days when you get back to work in the city.
So, try them on your next beach vacation!